Sunday, July 8, 2012

Getting plumb settled



With all of our moving deadlines met, and all of our belongings in the yurt, we were ready to have Tanner try his hand at plumbing.  The plan was to have a shower and kitchen sink for running water.  One very long day later, Tanner was happily taking his first shower, and I was washing my dishes with the sink faucet rather than heating water on the stove.
Drilling a hole for Shower faucet
Getting water connections to kitchen sink
 Aside from getting water to the desired faucets, walls were framed in for the bathroom.


drain for temporary sink

water is running!
 Who knew he could plumb?!

Celebratory shower cocktail
Our shower curtain rings didn't fit the temporary curtain rod, so zip ties worked in the mean time.  With water running, the only other luxurious necessity I longed for was a closet.  Our yurt layout plans called for a closet bar on the opposite side of the bathroom wall, across from the plumbed kitchen/bath wall.  I must have been behaving myself because I got two shelves out of the deal too!

Closet!

eventually we will have full walls and a door, but it is starting to come together!


my humble, functional kitchen

I love it!

sitting area, catching the ball of light from the dome

entry

North side of the yurt

West Side

 Now that we are settled, we can focus on house plans and finishing touches on our temporary home.  We are both thrilled with how comfortable our yurt is.  Now to celebrate!!


No comments:

Post a Comment